Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Shencottah invites...

Blog is considered to be a good medium where you can convey your joys, sorrows, opinions, ideas, and many other things. We know how blogs can become narcissistic too. There are also group blogs where only members post. It is also found out that many bloggers lose their initial interest and momentum. There are people who do not want to maintain a blog but still have many things to say; many wonderful things - sincere feelings are always wonderful, may not be correct to everyone's satisfaction but they are simply wonderful. Shencottah would like this blog to be a garden where ideas of different varieties can flower; where opinions create heat in which our narrow views can evaporate. A blog where small and beautiful things from different minds and hearts are posted; where large and magnificent things are dreamt. A blog where small and big, and tiny and large, lose their differences in the heart and soul from where they arise.

Shencottah now invites people to send their writings for this blog. Few have already shown interest to write guest-posts regularly. We will have to wait and see how this new feature evolves.

Some questions and answers (SQA):
1. I maintain my own blog. Can I send my writings to you?
Yes, You can.
2. To whom I have to send?
Please send your posts to shencottah[at]gmail[dot]com
3. Will you acknowledge my submission?
Yes, as soon as I come to know about it.
4. How many days I have to wait before my writing is posted?
I don't know. I can't give any assurances.
5. Can I maintain anonymity while I send?
Yes, if you wish.
6. Can I request you to post my writings under a pseudonym though I will use my real name while submitting?
Yes.
7. Who will hold the copyright of my writings?
You, the author.
8. Can I use copyrighted materials in my post?
Please get permission from the original copyright holders if you use any such materials. This blog is not responsible for your copyright violations.
9. Will you help me to get the permission from original copyright holders?
Sorry. This blog is not able to do that.
10. Will I get paid for my posts?
No. This is not a commercial venture.
11. Are you planning to make this blog as a blog-zine?
I am not presently thinking about that.
12. Do you post everything I submit?
I don't. The final decision, of what to post and what not, is only made by Shencottah - in future, by an editorial team - considering the goodwill this blog has earned so far.
13. Is there an editorial team behind this new feature of the blog?
Shencottah is the only member now. Some may join in future.
14. Can I join the editorial team?
Thank you for your interest. But forming the team depends on the volume of the submissions. Please hold on.
15. Can I give a link to my writings here in some other sites?
Yes.
16. Does it mean that you agree with the views expressed in my published post?
No. It does not mean that. It just means that your article is posted.
17. I have a question which is not answered in this SQA. What should I do?
Please post your question as comments to this post. I will add yours to SQA.
----------------------------

3 comments:

Shencottah said...

Yes, he or she can give link to his/her writing posted in this blog.

Phoenix said...

"Shencottah would like this blog to be a garden where ideas of different varieties can flower; where opinions create heat in which our narrow views can evaporate."


Amazingly well written !

Shencottah said...

Thanks Phoenix.
---------
I have added two questions to SQA -15 and 16.