Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tareh meets Tareh...(Oh! I made a mistake here!)

A beautiful lady with a very pleasing personality enters Dr.Tareh's room. She does not lose her patience unlike others though she has been waiting for so long. The clinic is quite packed with everyone guessing the other's affliction. But her thoughts are about the future of her children. Finally, Her turn has just come and she enters the room with the grace of a woman.
Doctor: "Yes, Ma'am."
She (with a sigh): "Mmm...ss...My children are trying to kill me..."
Doctor: "What?"
She: "True, Doctor. They are going to kill me soon."
Doctor: "Ma'am, Excuse me. I think you should have gone to a nearby police station."
She: "I went there. They suggested you."
Doctor: "What?"
She: "Doctor, It's really true. They told me that you are the only person who can cure anything and make people healthy."
Doctor: "Ma'am. If you don't mind, shall I say something?"
She: "Oh! Please, Doctor. I have come here exactly for that only."
Doctor: "Why don't you see a psychiatrist?"
She: "But don't you think my children are the ones who have to see a psychiatrist? They are the ones who are trying to kill me. I am as vulnerable as ever. Have I done any mistakes other than feeding them? Why is this happening to me? Don't they ever realize?"
Doctor: "But..."
She: "People are thronging your clinic just to get back you."
Doctor: "Ma'am.."
She: "They don't realize they are the reasons for all their diseases. They themselves prevent you from helping them when you want to. They then come all the way to your clinic for treatment. How sad it is!"
Doctor: "Excuse me. Please listen to me.."
She: "Yes, Doctor. I am listening to you. But when will these children start listening to you?"
Doctor: "Please. I have to attend others too. See, How many are waiting outside! "
She is now silently watching the doctor. Dr.Tareh gives her a glass of water. By this time, the doctor has felt that this graceful lady needs some help. He thought he would just say some encouraging words and give her some vitamin tablets. He also decided to put a word to his inspector friend about her children. He starts writing the prescription.
Doctor: "Your name and age?"
The doctor is shocked to hear her name. Never ever expected to see her asking help.
Doctor: "I am very sorry. How insensitive I am! How I could miss your grace! I didn't recognize you. What a fool I am!"
She: "I am glad to hear that, Doctor."
Doctor: "Do call me Tareh."
She: "I also heard that you write the same prescription for everyone."
Tareh: "Yes, Her Divine Highness. They all need the same solution."
She: "What is that?"
Tareh: "I always write - Please don't forget me. I am always there waiting to help you."
She: "How kind of you! Please tell that to my children too."
Tareh: "Oh! Sure. If only they had listened to me long time back..."
She: "The sooner the better."
Tareh: "I will try my best."
She: "Thank you so much. My heartfelt gratitude."
Tareh: "Oh! My heart too felt gratitude for your blessings. It still feels and will feel always."
She: "Mmm..when will these people realize? Has anyone realized so far?"
Tareh: "Many. Not so many. These are the ones who come for the second time and say, "Thank you, Dr.Heart"."
She: "Nice to hear that. Okay! I will leave now. People do wait looking for your help. Don't forget to teach my children."
Heart: "With your blessings, I will change your children's mindset. will try my best. Hope they will also learn."
She leaves the room as majestically as she enters. One girl outside the room asks,"Ma'am, your name? Just for the record."

She answers with a smile,"Same as your doctor's. Earth."
-----------------------------------
Today is World Environment Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice story...elegantly conveyed...
I liked the anagrams for heart and earth in the doc's name...:)

-Morpheus

Shencottah said...

Thank you, Morpheus and Kovaiputhalvan.