Friday, June 24, 2005

M.S. Subbulakshmi - 013

M.L. Vasanthakumari on MS in 1967:
The world need not learn about M.S. Subbulakshmi from me. Today her music is relished by people all over the world. I began to sing many years after she did. I think it would be impertinent on my part to analyse the music of someone who has received praises from my senior. As a child, I often met MS with my parents. She is today just what she was then. Despite all the fame, she retains a child's heart, a smiling face and pleasant speech.
Srimathi M.S. Subbulakshmi is extremely devout. Talking to her is to be heedless of time. She talks only about music and about other meaningful subjects. She never makes disparaging remarks about anyone. She is humble, respectful towards elders. She appreciates not only music, but the other arts as well.
I believe that her devotion to God, simplicity, unquestioning deference to her husband, reverence for seniors, her conviction that there is much to learn in the world, and her own desire to learn more - all these attributes have contributed to her illustriousness.

No comments: