Monday, January 17, 2005

Fondness

We have different reasons for our likes and dislikes. Who cares whether those reasons are right or wrong? The fact 'we feel so' is the beginning of so many 'reasons' with which we act. A friend of mine once told me,"The corner grocery shop is the best one."
I said,"Things are expensive there."
"But things are of good quality."
"The same quality stuff costs much lesser in the other shop."
"No.No. Whatever it is, the corner shop is the best."
"...."
My friend added,"We have been buying there for decades. I still remember those days - The days when I go with my father with a small bag in my hand and carry things back with joy. Holding a bag, full of groceries, itself is a joy. A joy of growing older! Going with my father has continued for a long time. The corner grocery shop brings those memories often.."
His father is no more. I know he is not just talking about the grocery shop and its quality. He has now a daughter. I have seen them going to that corner shop together. And I have also seen the cute little girl carrying a small bag with few brinjals and carrots. With a pride on her face, she has a smile for me whenever we meet near the corner shop.

No comments: